Opportunities to get involved
We have a number of exciting opportunities to learn more about KairosWWT and to get involved:
1. Invitation to our Annual General Meeting
We are holding our AGM on Tuesday 13th September, 7.00-8.30pm at St Peter’s Centre, Charles Street, Hillfields, Coventry CV1 5NP. The AGM is a fantastic opportunity to meet staff and volunteers and to hear all about the work we have been carrying out over the last 12 months.
2. Volunteering Opportunity: Trustees
We would welcome in particular applications from those with experience in the following areas:
Working as a Trustee will enable you to use your professional skills to support KairosWWT’s important work, including:
- To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law etc.
- To contribute to the board of trustees’ giving firm strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals and evaluating performance.
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration and financial stability of the organisation.
- In addition to the above statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decision.
Trustees are expected to attend monthly meetings in Coventry, and also be available by email in between meetings to discuss the day-to-day workings of the charity, as and when the need arises.
For more information or if you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Volunteering Opportunity: Diaspora Project
We are looking for female volunteers who have an interest in working with vulnerable Romanian women, particularly those who are caught up in sex work and substance misuse and would like to enhance their knowledge and/or understanding of this area of work.
Volunteers are needed to give linguistic, practical and emotional support to our Romanian female service users attending our Evening Drop In/ Street Outreach. We will also require volunteer support in translating KairosWWT materials for our Romanian Service Users.
If you feel you have skills in listening, motivating and providing linguistic, emotional and practical support, you may be able to both give and receive considerable experience. You will work as part of a team of volunteers and one paid worker.
To find out more please contact Lis@kairoswwt.org.uk
Volunteering Opportunity: Feeling Safe Project
KairosWWT are recruiting female volunteers who have an interest in and commitment to working with vulnerable women, particularly those who are affected by or at risk of sexual exploitation. Volunteer Mentors provide a vital role in the delivery of our Feeling Safe project by offering service users support to increase their life chances, choices and wellbeing though group and 1-1 support. This role will initially focus on establishing a young women’s group with the view to offering 1-1 mentoring support.
- Assist KairosWWT to plan and facilitate fortnightly group sessions (Thursday 4-6pm), exploring various issues affecting young women’s lives and building their knowledge, skills and confidence.
- Encourage service user’s confidence and motivation, listening to them and signposting to other agencies or opportunities when necessary.
- Support the Feeling Safe Summer programme, throughout August to engage young women in positive activities that reduce isolation and increase self-esteem.
- Attend regular supervision with Staff and other Volunteer Mentors to monitor progress, provide feedback, share learning and problem solve to continue to improve the service delivery and impact on young women’s lives.
- Complete the mandatory induction training and attend training opportunities that continue to develop knowledge and skills required for this role.
- Liaise with Senior Practitioner, ensure service users are safeguarded at all times and demonstrate KairosWWT values and ethos.
- Future opportunities include meeting regularly with a service user, 1-1, to offer practical and emotional support and guidance, mentoring them overcome challenges and achieve their personal goals.
To find out more please contact Jenny@kairoswwt.org.uk