LOOKING FOR HELP?
Kairos WWT is run by women, for women. We are here to support you – no matter what your background or circumstances.
We support a wide range of women- each and every woman is unique. The women we support are subject to or at risk of sexual exploitation. This might include young women who have been subjected to childhood sexual exploitation, women involved in street based prostitution or the wider sex industry, women who are homeless or facing homelessness, or women involved in the criminal justice system. Most of the women we support struggle with the impact of trauma and many have been subjected to male violence and abuse.
Our services are confidential, non-judgemental and flexible. Our support will centre around you, go at your pace as we build up trust, and can help you even when you have lots of difficult issues happening in your life all at the same time. We offer women-only safe spaces and services.
We provide a range of support, based at both our Women’s Hub in Coventry and in the community, including:
- Evening street-based outreach and drop-in in Hillfields on a Wednesday evening
- Crisis intervention to address safety issues, reduce harm, and meet basic needs
- Support in response to domestic and/or sexual violence; make ‘Ugly Mug’ reports, access the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC), ISVA/IDVA support, and/or to report directly to the police
- Support to access physical, mental, and sexual health services
- Support with benefits and financial management
- Access to free legal advice
- 1-2-1 practical and emotional support to achieve identified short and long term goals
- Multi-agency case coordination, liaison, and advocacy
- Support to engage with maternity services and children’s social care
- Support to navigate the criminal justice system and engage with the police, courts, probation, prison, and women’s justice services. Support at court, prison in-reach, release planning and community reintegration
- Housing and tenancy advice and advocacy, assistance with homelessness applications, support into and to maintain safe and suitable accommodation
- Wonder Women Wednesdays: a daytime multi-agency ‘one stop’ support drop-in, providing access to a safe space, hot meal, shower, housing support, IDVA, ISVA, and substance use support, legal advice, a therapist, and support staff from other partner organisations
- Queen Bees: a semi-structured group for Feeling Safe participants focussed on women’s right to feel safe, through exploration of issues such as grooming, consent, abuse, coercion, exploitation, boundaries, assertiveness, and healthy relationships. The group provides a safe space to develop confidence, self-esteem, and wellbeing while building a positive support network.
- Blossoms: a peer support and ante/post-natal group for women across our services who are pregnant or have recently had a baby, many of whom have experienced and/or are facing child removal. Delivered in partnership with a Specialist Midwife, the focus is on maternal health and wellbeing, positive engagement with services, and improved outcomes for children
- Warrior: a semi-structured support group for Aspire participants who are further along in their support journey. Bringing women together to reduce social isolation and enable them to use their time positively, the sessions focus on developing self-confidence, self-care, and helpful coping strategies to improve wellbeing and self-belief
- Therapeutic gardening
- Opportunities for new experiences, therapeutic interventions, peer mentoring/leadership, training, development, volunteering, and employment support
- Access to counselling
- Support to exit prostitution for those who wish to
If you are a professional looking to make a third-party referral please use contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Anchor Centre is a medical centre specifically designed to provide eligible patients including homeless and vulnerably housed adults with access to high quality healthcare within Coventry City.
Telephone: 024 7652 7040
Address: Simon House, Bird Street, Coventry, CV1 5FX
ADT Healthcare offers a free hotline dedicated to helping women suffering from drug, alcohol and mental health issues. It was founded in 2011 by people who overcame addiction themselves.
Telephone: 0800 088 66 86
Benefits Advice Line
Coventry Benefits Advice Line offers free advice, information and assistance on all welfare benefits.
Telephone: 02476 832 000
Address: Council House, Earl Street, Coventry, CV1 5RR
Blue Sky Centre
The Blue Sky Centre provides an initial response for victims of sexual violence in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Telephone: 02476 865 505
Address: George Eliot Hospital, College Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 7DJ
National Ugly Mugs
NUM is a UK-wide charity working with ‘sex workers’ to do research, design and deliver safety tools and to provide support services to people in adult industries.
Coventry Haven help women who have experienced or are experiencing domestic violence to free themselves from the situation they are in by providing safe housing and a number of support services.
Telephone: 024 76 444077
Central England Law Centre
The Law Centre is a charity employing Solicitors and paralegals to offer free legal advice and representation in the areas of Community Care, Discrimination, Employment, Family, Housing, Immigration and Asylum, Money and Debt, Public Law, and Welfare Benefits to the people of Coventry.
Address: Oakwood House, St Patricks Road Entrance, Coventry, CV1 2HL
Website: Central England Law Centre (centralenglandlc.org.uk)
Coventry Rape and Sexual Assault Centre (CRASAC)
CRASAC offer a free and confidential service that provides support for survivors who have experienced any kind of sexual abuse at any time in their life.
Helpline: 02476 277 777
Coventry Cyrenians provide a comprehensive range of high quality services to homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Coventry and Warwickshire with the objective of improving their quality of life and to empower them to live as independently as possible.
Telephone:: 0800 0180 579
Address: Norton House, Bird Street, Coventry, CV1 1JG
Mental Health Matters
A 24-hour telephone, online and texting service which provides instant access to emotional support, advice and information on a wide range of issues.
Telephone: 0800 616 171
SMS Texting: 07786202242
Change Grow Live (CGL)
CGL Coventry is a free and confidential drug and alcohol service for adults (including offenders), families and affected others. They offer treatment and recovery services to support anyone experiencing difficulties with drugs and/or alcohol in a range of local community settings across Coventry.
Telephone: 024 7601 0241
Address: 1a Lamb Street, Coventry, CV1 4AE
Emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair
Telephone: 024 76 678 678
Offers support and information, regardless of whether the crime has been reported or not.
Telephone: 0845 30 30 900