support worker vacancy
We are delighted to be recruiting for a part-time Support Worker post to join the KairosWWT team. The role is to support the Outreach and Drop-In services and to provide flexible 1-2-1 support to women at risk of sexual exploitation.
It’s the people that make KairosWWT the organisation it is. We recruit women who are caring, inclusive and adaptable. We strive to cultivate a community that fosters unity, belonging and job-satisfaction and we aim to help our community make the best of their talents. We are influenced by character and attitude when we recruit as much as anything else.
We look to work with people who:
– listen and make a real effort to understand the views and experiences that differ from their own
– work hard, persevere when faced with obstacles and demonstrate dedication to the cause
– demonstrate belief in others…and in second chances
– provide encouragement and help to others; offering reassurance and building confidence and giving assistance when needed
– prioritise concern for the well-being of others within the boundaries of safe and professional practice
– bring people together, build positive relationships and create a sense of unity
– are sociable, have a sense of humour and value collaboration
– are flexible and ready to adapt approaches to respond to need
– value kindness and honesty in the workplace
– accept that we all make mistakes and value learning from others
Job Title: Support Worker
Post Salary: (NJC Scale 5, point 24) £22,401 pro rata (£13,320 pa)
Working Hours: 22 hours per week, Monday – Wednesday (including regular Wednesday evenings)
Contract length: Fixed Term 12-month contract (this role is part-funded by West Midlands Police & Crime Commissioner Victims Fund)
Responsible to: Senior Practitioner (Prison Inreach & 1-2-1 work)
The Sex Discrimination Act 1975 s7 (2) (e) applies to this post, which is only open to female candidates.
downloads and application details
You can download the full role description and details here.
Application process: Send a copy of your CV and an application form which you can download here. Send your CV and application form to Rosie Hart at email@example.com. (Please do not send additional covering letters as these will not be considered).
If you have any questions, have trouble accessing the form or would like to find out more information, you can email Rosie on the address above or ring 02476 559550. If we do not answer please leave a voicemail and we will return your call.
key dates – please note
Deadline for applications: Monday 27th August, 5pm (late applications will not be considered)
Shortlisting: Tuesday 28th August (candidates invited for interview will be informed by 2pm)
Interview date: Wednesday 29th August
Provisional start date: Monday 1st October